We will carry out our operations profitably and efficiently whilst maintaining high environmental standards in all activities by operating in a manner which minimizes impacts to the environment, employees and the community. We also recognise the importance of maintaining the integrity of heritage, conservation and environmental values.
At all stages, our objective is to actively monitor the natural environment and to implement technically sound and viable protection measures wherever potential impacts are identified.
Specifically, we will:
- Manage environment related activities in a manner consistent with balanced economic development and with regard to reasonable community exceptions
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive environmental management program dealing with potential environmental impacts and mitigation of these impacts
- Implement the most viable and applicable technology for the operation and actively expand this knowledge
- Provide adequate training for site personnel to encourage individual environmental responsibility and ownership of the company environmental policy
- Monitor the environment in each area of operation and use all available information to determine and address areas of potential impact
- Effectively respond to actual or potential impacts in a timely and responsible manner and to have safeguards and contingency plans in place at all times
- Cooperate and communicate with the broader community in the development of environmental programs that are relevant, feasible, scientifically sound and economically viable
- Take a proactive approach to environmental issues by adequately planning for future developments and associated restoration.
We, GPE Electrical Communications Contractor Pty Ltd recognise the association between sound environmental practices and effective and profitable operations.