This Policy is a statement of our commitment to provide safe and healthy workplaces for our employees, and others who may be affected by our work, with the objective of preventing work related injuries and illnesses. Managers and supervisors have the responsibility for implementing this Policy as an integral part of their overall accountability. They may delegate their OHS duties and activities, but not their responsibilities.
GPE Electrical & Communications Contractor Pty Ltd is also committed to protecting our employees by complying with OHS legislation, demonstrating due diligence and the application of industry‐based OHS procedures. For all people who may be affected by our work, safety will always take precedence over job expediency.
Our other key objectives with this Policy are:
- Implementing proactive health and safety management strategies
- Integrating OHS management into our projects at the planning stage
- Controlling hazards by the Occupational Risk Management process of Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
- Monitoring and reviewing risk controls to ensure they remain effective
- Involving our employees in the decision making processes through structured communication, consultation and training
- Providing ongoing education and learning for our employees to enable them to work in the safest way possible
- Requiring employees to comply with their legislated and Company OHS responsibilities
- Implementing continuous improvement strategies
- Providing effective injury management and rehabilitation strategies.
The objectives of this Policy will be achieved by committed and demonstrated leadership from all managers and supervisors and the involvement of all employees.
Appropriate support and resources will be provided by GPE Electrical & Communications Contractor Pty Ltd.