This Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy is a statement of GPE Electrical & Communications Contractor Pty Ltd and GPEHV referenced as GPE commitment to provide safe and healthy workplaces for our employees, and others who may be affected by our work, with the objective of preventing work related injuries and illnesses. Managers and supervisors have the responsibility for implementing this Policy as an integral part of their accountabilities; they may delegate their OH&S duties and activities, but not their responsibilities.
GPE is also committed to protecting our employees by complying with OH&S and or Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislation, demonstrating Due Diligence and the application of industry based OH&S/WHS procedures. For all people who may be affected by our work, safety will always take precedence over job expediency.
Our other key objectives with this Policy are:
- Implementing proactive health and safety management strategies;
- Integrating OH&S management into our projects at the planning stage;
- Controlling hazards by the Occupational Risk Management process of Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Control and Monitoring/Evaluation;
- Monitoring/Evaluation and reviewing risk controls to ensure they remain effective;
- Involving our employees in the decision-making processes through structured communication, consultation and training;
- Providing ongoing education and learning for our employees to enable them to work in the safest way possible;
- Requiring employees to comply with their legislated and Company OH&S/WHS responsibilities;
- Implementing continuous improvement strategies and providing effective injury management and rehabilitation strategies;
- Appropriate support and resources will be provided by GPE; and
- The objectives of this Policy will be achieved by committed and demonstrated leadership from all managers and supervisors and the involvement of all employees.
Download a copy of the policy – GPE – Occupational Health and Safety Policy