High Voltage Maintenance Services
GPEHV has extensive expertise in a large range of high voltage maintenance services, including but not limited to:
- Managing and providing scheduled HV testing and inspections
- HV asset condition audits
- Detailed reporting and consultation services
We also deliver critical reactive maintenance services with a team of highly qualified staff that are on-call 24 hours a day providing fault and emergency services for our clients.
Planned preventative high voltage maintenance is essential to all private high voltage networks to help prevent failures and predict repairs or implement plans for the end of life of the equipment. Conducting routine planned maintenance and repairs to high voltage assets facilitates safety and reliability in private networks.
At GPEHV we liaise with our clients to plan and implement suitable high voltage maintenance tasks in a timely manner, with production values and minimal power interruptions in mind.
- Qualified High Voltage Operators
- 24/7 High Voltage Fault & Emergency - Quick Response to private high voltage networks
- Ausnet Authorised HV Operators (enables safe access to private incoming HV switchgear without Supply Authority involvement)
- Oil Sampling & lab report interpretation, electrical testing, defect inspection and repair, etc.
- Transformer refurbishment/repairs, replacements, and upgrades
- Oil filtration, oil recycling, and end of life processing
- Detection of Transient Earth Voltages and Ultrasonic Partial Discharge sources with overhead and underground/metal-clad switchgear capabilities
- Ongoing condition monitoring, data trending and subsequent repairs
- Online Partial Discharge testing is a valuable maintenance tool to assess asset condition without production interruption
- Specialist electrical testing and inspection to ensure safe and reliable operation and compliance
- Insulation resistance, contact resistance, SF6 gas leak detection etc.
- Mechanical inspection, adjustments, and repairs
- Cert 2 Qualified Asset Inspectors for condition assessment and monitoring
- Bushfire Mitigation inspection and planning
- HV/LV Overhead pole and associated equipment repair recommendations inside detailed maintenance reporting
- LV and HV capabilities including 4 times telephoto lens for detailed pole/overhead surveys
- Qualified Thermographic Technicians
- Detailed analysis and reporting including condition monitoring and data trending
- Secondary Injection Testing, data analysis, protection settings review etc.
- Circuit Breaker protection tests and analysis
- Alarm and auxiliary trip checks (transformer protection units etc.)
- A large team of qualified Linesmen and Electricians, associated plant and equipment enable us to carry out repairs and alterations both big and small
- Specialist equipment includes insulated bucket trucks, flatbed trucks, crane borers, conductor recovery trailers etc.
- High voltage electrical testing – HV Insulation Resistance, Sheath Integrity, VLF Testing etc.
- Cable location and cable fault location capabilities
- Cert 3 qualified high voltage cable jointers
- Including recommendations and solutions for items found during planned maintenance
- Detailed reporting ensuring regulatory compliance
- Recommendations made based on individual client requirements and with ongoing consultation
- 4 Pole Earth/Ground resistance and soil resistivity testing
- Condition monitoring of protective earth grids ensuring compliance to earthing plans and standards
- Testing and routine maintenance/repairs/replacements
- Condition assessment and power quality logging abilities